Sunday, September 28, 2008

Evidence of Children

Dents in the wall.

Dirty fingerprints on the doors.

Our fancy homemade "no soliciting" sign.
(Complements of Brigham)
Yes, that is Scotch tape holding it up.

The ubiquitous crayon marks.

Oh how I yearn for an ultra clean house, that actually stays clean for longer than 15 minutes. Sometimes I feel frustrated with my lack of time to get past the de-cluttering, straightening, putting away, picking up, that I can't get actual cleaning done. Then I realize that the messes, fingerprints, toys, and clutter aren't always going to be there.

And I feel a little sad.

One day my house will be clean. I mean really clean. And there will be no kids to plaster there sweet little sticky fingers all over my doors... or windows... or couches... or walls (need I go on?). Then my frustration turns to sentiment. And I'm happy with where I am right now... with a home full of 5 little (big) mess makers. A home full of life. Full of noise. Full of chaos. Full of laughter. Full of love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a grateful mom. I love reading your posts because you seem to find the good in all. Thanks Jeanne! You sure are 1GR8MOM

Dani

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

HI! I was so glad you sent me your blog!! Cute photos of the real thing! Your kids are getting so big and very cute!! Enjoy being a mom of 5!!

Melissa said...

Oh wow - I'm so excited to have found your blog off the Barlow's! Your kids are amazingly big! You haven't been out of the neighborhood that long have you? Anyway, I loved this post because it is very true to life for all of us moms! Very well written. You must have belonged to an amazing book club full of intelligent, well spoken women! Ha ha! We miss you!