Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just A Moment


It started with two kids in the tub. Cole was telling me who in our family were girls and who were boys. He had it all down.

"Mally's a girl and Haydyn."
"What am I?" I ask.
"A girl." He says.
"What are you?"
"I a boy."
"What about Brig and Quin?"
"Dey are boys yike me."
"What about Dad?" (still baiting)
"He a Dad."
"But is Dad a boy or a girl?" I ask again.
"He a Dad."
Apparently all the kids are boys and girls, and I am a girl. But Dad is a Dad, Nana is "just a Nana", and Grandma is "just a Grandma."

While Haydyn and Cole where in the bath together Cole decided to get a mouth full of water and spit it right in Haydyns face. Just as I was about to get mad (ahem) Hayden burst out laughing. This of course only fueled the spitting. Hayden was belly laughing with all her might. It was definitely a "dear diary" moment. But of course by the time I thought about getting my camera the fun was over.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! Gotta love how kids think. And I love your blog - how did you get it so the sides stay and only the middle scrolls?

Anonymous said...

Jeanne! Your blog is so cute. I happened on it from Michelle's (I think)! I love your story telling. I cannot wait to keep up with you. Once every few months is just not enough for me!
Later, Dani