The kids came home from school (at 10:30!) to find these buckets waiting for them. I made a trip to the dollar store last week and found tons of fun summer stuff. Water guns, water balloons, bubbles, lawn games, battery operated fans, and glowing light sabers. I filled buckets with them and placed a note to each child with their bucket. I told them why I am proud of them, and why they should be proud of themselves, difficulties they overcame this year, or things they learned. I had Todd write a bit also. The kids LOVED it. Luckily I found a bunch of stuff at the dollar store this year. Buying stuff for 5 kids really adds up. If I had the money I would have also included other things they need for summer like sunglasses, flip flops, goggles. Maybe next year.
Then we gathered for a neighborhood kickball game and pizza. I love living in a cul-de-sac. It reminds me of my childhood. We would all gather in the cul-de-sac in the summer evenings and play night games. I love that my kids will be able to do the same.
2 comments:
Those cul-de-sac days were great. That's why I wanted to build/live in one. (I never get my way)
Jeanne, you are the best and greatest mom that ever lived. What a great idea for end of school buckets of fun. You know, I get all my good ideas from your parenting. Before,I would have creamed my child for drawing on the couch, now maybe I'll laugh. I need more parenting classes, lets go out!
What a GREAT idea! I love it!
Post a Comment