Todd has been gone a lot. But he was in town the whole week of spring break. He needed an escape so of course he wanted to go camping. But get this, he offered to take the kids and let me get some much needed "Jeanne" time. How awesome is he? So Todd, Brigham, Mallory, Quin, and Cole, loaded up a borrowed motor home (with a little help from me) and headed for Moab. They had so much fun hiking, making smores, watching movies, and just spending time with Todd for a few days.


While they were gone Haydyn and I had some fun of our own. My friend Hillary lives way to far away and we usually only get together a couple of times a year. So I headed to her house for the day. I came home with these:
Not to mention the other 5 pair of shoes, AND a great new doo. Hill- Thanks for a great day of chatting, hair do-ing, and munching!
I had been wanting to paint our bathroom for a long time now and took this opportunity to finally get it done. But having 4 kids out of the house I had more time on my hands than I was used to. So I took my paint job 1 step further than planned. This ended up being a HUGE pain!! Not to mention the fact that the brown glaze looked like someone wiped poo all over the walls. So when my kids actually do wipe poo on the wall no-one will know. ;) When all was said and done, it turned out better than I had anticipated.
Last but not least, yesterday was our 12th anniversary. Todd was out of town but sent beautiful flowers. Sweet Mallory brought home a big poster she had decorated at school and secretly hung it on the wall. She amazes me sometimes. I wish Todd could have been here. I had to celebrate at Carl's Jr. with the kids. :) I love you babe! Happy Anniversary!
4 comments:
You Poo walls look great. It was so much fun to have you come visit all day long. We really need to get together more often. I'm glad you do not have a bum toe, and those red shoes fit you.
I really like your walls - I need to come see them and have you teach me what you did.
And what a great dad Todd is - he took 4 of them camping!!!! Holy cow! How nice for you. I'm glad you got a little time to rest and do what you wanted to do.
And happy anniversary!
Your bathroom looks awesome! Sounds like a fun few days of "you" time! Todd is great to give you that time! Happy 12th!!
Love how you got time for yourself! I need a little nowawdays. I changed our blogspot address so look for it in email or facebook-its a lot like yours! I looked yours up without the "the" and that mecham family also has a "Cole". Funny-huh?
Post a Comment